Inside Cannes' Oscar Clues
For whom will triumph on the Croisette translate back home?
Basking in the glow of the just-concluded Cannes Film Festival, this year's winners have every reason to celebrate. Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life was rewarded with the top prize, the Palme d'Or. Best actress honors went to Kirsten Dunst, whose performance as a depressed bride in Melancholia wasn't overshadowed by director Lars von Trier's Hitler antics. And the best actor laurels went to French star Jean Dujardin, who offered up a wordless turn in the silent movie The Artist.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Theater: Fiona Shaw Rocks In One Of The Last Shows Of The Year
- Beyonce Surprises Fans With New Album Featuring Jay Z, Blue Ivy, Drake
- A Christmas Gift For You: A Conversation with Phil Spector & The Crystals' La La Brooks, Chatting with The Piano Guys, Plus Pink Martini and Sydney York Exclusives
- Live from the Dubai International Film Festival: Thursday, Dec. 12