'Inside Job' Director Attached to HBO Films' Julian Assange Pic
Charles Ferguson also would produce the movie about the WikiLeaks founder.
Charles Ferguson, who directed the Oscar-winning documentary Inside Job, is attached to helm HBO Films' movie about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
Ferguson also would produce the project with Audrey Marrs if it gets the production greenlight. The movie is executive produced by Joshua Maurer, Alixandre Witlin and David Stern.
Assange was put in the U.S. government's crosshairs in November when he published secret diplomatic cables. Not long afterward, he was accused of rape and sexual assault and is now on bail but faces extradition to Sweden for questioning.
Two feature films about Assange also are in the works, at DreamWorks and Universal.
The movie would mark Ferguson's first non-documentary project. His other credits include the Oscar-nominated No End in Sight, about the American occupation of Iraq.
Inside Job, which examined what led to the global financial crisis of 2008, won the best feature documentary award at this year's Oscars.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR