'Insiders' tops Kiwi TV nods with six
WELLINGTON, New Zealand -- Kiwi TV drama "The Insiders Guide to Love" was front and center at the Qantas Television Awards on Saturday, when it won six of its 10 nominations, including best drama.
The Gibson Group production for pubcaster TVNZ also picked up best director (Brendan Donovan), best actor (Ryan O'Kane), best actress (Kate Elliott), best script (David Brechin-Smith) and best camera (Simon Baumfield).
Of the two other best drama nominees, ScreenWorks' "Doves of War" won for best editing (Bryan Shaw) while South Pacific Pictures top-rating "Outrageous Fortune," which TV3 has just renewed for a third season, was shut out.
However, South Pacific Pictures' long-running weeknight serial, "Shortland Street," was voted favorite New Zealand show in the Women's Day Readers' Choice Awards section, and "Grey's Anatomy" favorite international show.
TVNZ won 20 of the 30 awards, including best news, while TV3's Campbell Live won for best current affairs series and best current affairs presenter (John Campbell).
Meanwhile, 17-year NZ Film Commission veteran Mladen Ivancic received the eighth SPADA/Onfilm Industry Champion Award at the Screen Production and Development Assn. conference on Friday. The NZFC's finance director/deputy chief executive was awarded the honor for making a significant contribution to the production industry.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR