'Insidious 3' to Hit Theaters in Spring 2015
Incoming Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel is bringing the horror pic with him from FilmDistrict.
Insidious: Chapter 3 will land in theaters April 3, 2015, following the success of the first two films in the microbudgeted horror franchise.
Incoming Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel is bringing the film with him from FilmDistrict, which teamed on the last installment with producer Jason Blum, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Entertainment One. This fall, Insidious: Chapter 2 grossed $148.9 million worldwide (FilmDistrict was the U.S. distributor).
Leigh Whannell, who wrote the first two films, is returning to write the threequel.
So far, the only other movie slotted to open April 3, 2015, is The Weinstein Co.'s sci-fi film Passengers, starring Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams.
Under Schlessel, who takes over Jan. 1, Focus is expected to rely more on genre fare. The industry veteran was named to the top post earlier this fall after the ouster of Focus co-founder and CEO James Schamus.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR