'Insidious 3' to Hit Theaters in Spring 2015
Incoming Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel is bringing the horror pic with him from FilmDistrict.
Insidious: Chapter 3 will land in theaters April 3, 2015, following the success of the first two films in the microbudgeted horror franchise.
Incoming Focus Features CEO Peter Schlessel is bringing the film with him from FilmDistrict, which teamed on the last installment with producer Jason Blum, Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Entertainment One. This fall, Insidious: Chapter 2 grossed $148.9 million worldwide (FilmDistrict was the U.S. distributor).
Leigh Whannell, who wrote the first two films, is returning to write the threequel.
So far, the only other movie slotted to open April 3, 2015, is The Weinstein Co.'s sci-fi film Passengers, starring Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams.
Under Schlessel, who takes over Jan. 1, Focus is expected to rely more on genre fare. The industry veteran was named to the top post earlier this fall after the ouster of Focus co-founder and CEO James Schamus.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!