Intel TV Coming This Year
“We’re shooting for a service that incorporates literally everything," an executive said Tuesday.
Intel will launch a Web TV service, an executive confirmed Tuesday.
The new product has yet to be named and is due out sometime this year. It includes a set-top box and an online-TV service.
“We have been working for about a year now to set up a group called Intel Media,” Huggers said at the conference, adding that it is staffed with veterans of Apple, Netflix and Google. “It’s devoted to developing an Internet-television platform.”
The product will include live TV, VOD, apps and more. “We’re working with the entire industry to figure out how we get live TV to consumers over the Internet,” Huggers said. “We’re shooting for a service that incorporates literally everything.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short