Intel TV Coming This Year
“We’re shooting for a service that incorporates literally everything," an executive said Tuesday.
Intel will launch a Web TV service, an executive confirmed Tuesday.
The new product has yet to be named and is due out sometime this year. It includes a set-top box and an online-TV service.
“We have been working for about a year now to set up a group called Intel Media,” Huggers said at the conference, adding that it is staffed with veterans of Apple, Netflix and Google. “It’s devoted to developing an Internet-television platform.”
The product will include live TV, VOD, apps and more. “We’re working with the entire industry to figure out how we get live TV to consumers over the Internet,” Huggers said. “We’re shooting for a service that incorporates literally everything.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR