International 3D Society Forms Asia Committee
In an effort to forward the 3D format, the International 3D Society has formed a I3DS Asia Committee, which will launch in April.
Panasonic exec Masayuki Kozuka will chair the committee, and Professor Liu Ge San of the Beijing Film Academy and Dr. DooWhan Choi of KT Corp. will serve as as vice chairs.
"The Asian market is particularly well-known for how tech-savvy its consumers and exhibitors are, and consumers in the Asian market have proved to be early adopters of 3D technology," said Maria Costeira, international 3D steering committee chair and CEO of XPAND.
Plans include 3D production seminars in Asia, with participation of Hollywood industry leaders.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress