ION Enters Pro-Wrestling Ring with 'WWE Main Event'
Superstars and Divas will continue their crowd-pleasing violence and soap opera theatrics on the new hour-long series, scheduled to debut in October.
Are you ready for the main event?
That's the question on the minds of ION Television executives, as they enter the ring of professional wrestling for the first time. The cable network has announced a new wrestling show, WWE Main Event, which will feature the popular wrestler Superstars and Divas from Vince McMahon's colorful roster.
The one-hour original series will feature all the soapy action popularized on shows like USA Network's Monday Night Raw -- set to expand to three live hours of programming in July -- and Friday Night SmackDown, currently airing on Syfy. Storylines begun on those other shows will be furthered on the new ION series.
“ION Television is delighted to begin a new partnership with such a successful and well-recognized franchise as WWE,” Brandon Burgess, CEO, ION Media Networks, says in a statement. “We look forward to introducing our ION audience to all of the excitement and drama WWE has to offer as well as welcoming a passionate new fan base to the network.”
WWE Main Event will premiere on October 3, 2012, at 8 p.m./7 p.m. central.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)