Apple Could Launch iPad 3 as Early as February
The latest generation of the tablet could hit stores just before Feb. 24, which would have been founder Steve Jobs' 57th birthday.
NEW YORK - Apple could launch the third generation of its iPad as early as February - sooner than expected, the New York Post said, citing reports.
The iPad 3 could hit stores on Feb. 23, a day before what would have been founder Steve Jobs’ 57th birthday, it said. Previously, observers have suggested a March or April introduction.
The new iPad will feature a so-called “Retina Display” with twice the resolution of current models of the tablet, the Post cited Citigroup analyst Richard Gardner as saying in a research report.
The paper mentioned though that some observers have suggested the iPad 3’s could be delayed. Instead, Apple could in the spring introduce a “Mini iPad” as an initial response to Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablet that hit stores last month.
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- After Oscar, What Happens to Lupita Nyong'o?
- 'The Walking Dead' Finale: Complete Coverage
- Chelsea Handler to End E! Show, Manager Says (Exclusive)
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR