Ira Sachs' 'Keep the Lights On' Wins Outfest Jury Prize for Best Dramatic Feature
Audience Awards go to Travis Fine's "Any Day Now" and Andrea Meyerson's "I Stand Corrected."
Ira Sachs' Keep the Lights On took home the Grand Jury Award for Outstanding U.S. Dramatic feature at Outfest, the 30th Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. The feature, which Music Box Films will release Sept. 7, charts the ups-and-downs of a long-term relationship. It also earned a screenwriting prize for Sachs and Mauricio Zacharias.
Grand Jury Awards were also presented to Sally El Hosaini’s My Brother the Devil, named Outstanding International Dramatic Feature Film, and Wu Tsang’s Wildness, named Outstanding Documentary Feature Film.
The Audience Award winners included the dramatic feature Any Day Now, directed by Travis Fine, and the documentary I Stand Corrected, directed by Andrea Meyerson.
The festival concludes Sunday night with a screening of Brian Dannelly’s Struck by Lightning, starring Chris Colfer.
The complete list of winners:
Special Programming Awards
Special Programming Award for Freedom
I AM A WOMAN NOW, Directed by Michiel van Erp
Special Programming Award for Artistic Achievement
SHE MALE SNAILS, Directed by Ester Martin Bergsmark
Special Programming Award for Emerging Talent
Marialy Rivas, Writer/Director, YOUNG & WILD
Audience Award for Outstanding Documentary Short Film
A FORCE OF NATURE, Directed by Barbara Kopple
Audience Award for Outstanding Dramatic Short Film
THE FIRST DATE, Directed by Janella Lacson
Audience Award for Outstanding Documentary Feature Film
I STAND CORRECTED, Directed by Andrea Meyerson
Audience Award for Outstanding Dramatic Feature Film
ANY DAY NOW, Directed by Travis Fine
Audience Award for Outstanding First U.S. Dramatic Feature Film
MOSQUITA Y MARI, Directed by Aurora Guerrero
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Documentary Short Film
THE DEVOTION PROJECT: MORE THAN EVER, Directed by Antony Osso
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Short Film
DOL (FIRST BIRTHDAY), Directed Andrew Ahn
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Documentary Feature Film
WILDNESS, Directed by Wu Tsang
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding International Dramatic Feature Film
MY BROTHER THE DEVIL, Directed by Sally El Hosaini
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Actress in a Feature Film
Fenessa Pineda, MOSQUITA Y MARI
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Actor in a Feature Film
Alan Cumming, ANY DAY NOW
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding Screenwriting
Ira Sachs & Mauricio Zacharias, KEEP THE LIGHTS ON
Grand Jury Award for Outstanding U.S. Dramatic Feature Film
KEEP THE LIGHTS ON, Directed by Ira Sachs
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)