Iranian Director Jafar Panahi Sentenced to Six Years in Prison, Banned From Making Films
8:51 PM PST 12/20/2010 by Kimberly Nordyke
The helmer was accused of making a film without official government sanction and inciting opposition protests.
Iranian director Jafar Panahi has been sentenced to six years in prison and banned from making films for the next 20 years, the U.K.'s Guardian reported.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile