Irish Comic Ed Byrne to Present Empire Film Awards
The winners are selected by the public and the magazine's readership, with the show sponsored by Irish whiskey Jameson.
LONDON – Irish comedian Ed Byrne will host this year's Jameson Empire Awards on March 24.
The gig marks Byrne's first outing as host of the awards, which are voted on by the public and touted as an antidote to high-profile industry events like the Oscars and the BAFTAs.
Byrne is a regular on British TV comedy panel shows such as Mock the Week and Have I Got News for You in addition to his work as a regular on U.K. and Ireland stand-up circuits.
Byrne's next tour, Roaring Forties, kicks off with a full run at the Edinburgh festival this year. He will then embark on a full national tour ending in spring 2014.
Byrne said he was looking forward to hosting a show by a magazine he actually reads and sponsored by a whiskey he actually drinks.
Categories include best actor, best actress, best male and female newcomer, best film, best sci-fi/fantasy, the art of 3D and best comedy in addition to best British film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR