'Iron Sky,' 'Le Havre' Among Highlights at Finnish Industry Showcase
The inaugural Finnish Film Affair runs Sept. 25-27 alongside the Helsinki Film Festival.
COLOGNE, Germany - The range of current Finnish cinema, from the auteur finesse of Aki Kaurismaki's Le Havre to the pulp fiction of Nazis on the moon feature Iron Sky, will be on display at Finland's first-ever industry showcase, the Finnish Film Affair.
The event runs Sept. 25-27 alongside the Helsinki International Film Festival and will screen 27 Finnish films released over the past year. Other highlights include international festival success stories Lapland Odyssey and The Good Son and documentary The Punk Syndrome.
In addition to finished films and industry panels, the Finnish Film Affair will also offer up some 15 works in progress, including Juha Wuolijoki's Zarra's Law, which features actor Tony Sirico (The Sopranos) and crime drama Never Forever from director Aku Louhimies.
Finland's film industry is coming off a bumper year which saw the release of a record 40 local films.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR