Irving Azoff tapped to join Clear Channel board
Live Nation executive chairman replaces Kent Weldon
NEW YORK -- Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff has been appointed to the board of directors of radio giant Clear Channel.
He replaces Kent Weldon who resigned from his board post on Monday, according to a regulatory filing.
Azoff, 62, is the former CEO of Ticketmaster and also the personal manager of the Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Neil Diamond, Van Halen and Steely Dan.
IAC CEO Barry Diller earlier this week said he would resign as chairman of Live Nation amid disagreements among board members, including Azoff.
Earlier on Friday, Azoff said that he feels that the different parts of the merged Live Nation have come together well, but that Diller had always said he would serve as chairman only for a while.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR