Irving Azoff tapped to join Clear Channel board
Live Nation executive chairman replaces Kent Weldon
NEW YORK -- Live Nation executive chairman Irving Azoff has been appointed to the board of directors of radio giant Clear Channel.
He replaces Kent Weldon who resigned from his board post on Monday, according to a regulatory filing.
Azoff, 62, is the former CEO of Ticketmaster and also the personal manager of the Eagles, Christina Aguilera, Neil Diamond, Van Halen and Steely Dan.
IAC CEO Barry Diller earlier this week said he would resign as chairman of Live Nation amid disagreements among board members, including Azoff.
Earlier on Friday, Azoff said that he feels that the different parts of the merged Live Nation have come together well, but that Diller had always said he would serve as chairman only for a while.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'