Island Def Jam Partners With Breyon Prescott's Chameleon Entertainment
The first release under the new partnership will be the 2012 debut album from South African singer/songwriter Nikki Williams.
Island Def Jam is partnering with producer Breyon Prescott to launch the latter's Chameleon Entertainment. Prescott, whose A&R and producer credits include projects with Jamie Foxx, Angie Stone, Brandy and Kanye West, will also serve as exclusive A&R consultant for Def Jam Recordings.
Prescott will report to Barry Weiss, chairman/CEO of Universal Republic and Island Def Jam Motown. "Breyon is an experienced, smart and effective talent magnet, song maven and creative force," Weiss said in a statement. "I look forward to working closely with him in this effort."
The first release under the Chameleon Entertainment/Island Records partnership will be the 2012 debut album from singer and songwriter Nikki Williams. The 22-year-old South African wrote "Fly Away" for the movie Country Strong, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Tim McGraw. She also co-wrote "Like My Mother Does," performed by 2011 American Idol finalist Laura Alaina.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game