Istvan Szabo to Head Karlovy Vary Jury
The Czech-based international fest runs July 1 through 9.
LONDON -- Hungarian filmmaker Istvan Szabo has been snared as the president of the international jury for this year’s Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in July.
The Czech Republic festival has brought the filmmaker back to a festival after his movie Taking Sides screened nine years ago at the event.
Karlovy Vary Film Festival artistic director Karel Och said: “Nine years after having presented his film Taking Sides at the 37th KVIFF, Mr. Szabo will be back at the festival. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a distinguished and legendary artist heading the festival’s jury.”
Szabo’s films include the Oscar-winning Mephisto, Father, Lovefilm, Confidence, Colonel Redel, Hanussen, Meeting Venus and Being Julia.
Upcoming title The Door, starring Helen Mirren, details the story of a young maid and her relationship with her elder female employer, who is a writer.
The Czech shindig runs July 1 through 9.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead