Istvan Szabo to Head Karlovy Vary Jury
The Czech-based international fest runs July 1 through 9.
LONDON -- Hungarian filmmaker Istvan Szabo has been snared as the president of the international jury for this year’s Karlovy Vary International Film Festival in July.
The Czech Republic festival has brought the filmmaker back to a festival after his movie Taking Sides screened nine years ago at the event.
Karlovy Vary Film Festival artistic director Karel Och said: “Nine years after having presented his film Taking Sides at the 37th KVIFF, Mr. Szabo will be back at the festival. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have such a distinguished and legendary artist heading the festival’s jury.”
Szabo’s films include the Oscar-winning Mephisto, Father, Lovefilm, Confidence, Colonel Redel, Hanussen, Meeting Venus and Being Julia.
Upcoming title The Door, starring Helen Mirren, details the story of a young maid and her relationship with her elder female employer, who is a writer.
The Czech shindig runs July 1 through 9.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR