Italy's Cinecitta Unveils 'VIP' Service for Location Managers
The storied Rome-based studios will give location managers web access to its myriad permanent sets, including photographs, descriptions, and precise measurements.
ROME – Italy’s storied Cinecitta Studios on Friday announced a new VIP service for location managers that includes access to an array of already-built sets and a special fast-track initiative that gives location managers the ability to scout possible locations via Internet.
Cinecitta, Europe’s oldest film studios, is going through a series of updates and upgrades as it works to improve its level of service in order to separate itself from lower-priced alternative studios in Eastern Europe. Other parts of the effort include developing a hotel and day spa adjacent to the studios.
The studios have been home to scores of important film projects ranging from Federico Fellini’s La Dolce Vita and William Wyler’s epic Ben-Hur to more recent productions that include Martin Scorcese’s Gangs of New York to the HBO mini-series Rome.
As a result of its long history, Cinecitta has many permanent sets ready to be adapted for use, including a metropolitan city street, a two-floor apartment and shops façade, an Imperial Rome setting with a forum and villa, a medieval village, a one-acre Renaissance town, the façade of St. Peter’s Basilica, and a full-size interior of a submarine.
The fast-track initiative gives location managers access to a special password-protected link on the studio website that includes an extensive collection of high-definition set photographs from various angles and including descriptions and precise measurements and direct access to English-speaking contacts on the lots. Additional services Cinecitta is offering include script breakdown assistance and access to Cinecitta’s PR office and management and PR services in California.
The initiative is being developed under the direction of Carole Andre-Smith, Cinecitta’s international marketing director.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)