Italy's Good Films Boards Lars von Trier’s 'Nymphomaniac'
TrustNordisk closes one of the last big territories for the two-part erotic epic, which premieres in Denmark on Christmas Day.
TrustNordisk has closed one of the last outstanding big territories for Lars von Trier's hotly anticipated Nymphomaniac, with Good Films taking Italian rights for the two-part sex epic.
The film, which will be released in two “volumes” starting with its world premiere in Denmark Dec. 25, features an all-star ensemble cast led by Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgard and including Stacy Martin, Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater, Jamie Bell, Uma Thurman and Willem Dafoe.
TrustNordisk sales manager Nicolai Korsgaard and Andrea Cirla, head of acquisitions at Good Films, negotiated the deal.
Nymphomaniac already has presold to virtually every territory worldwide. Magnolia Pictures, which has U.S. rights, plans to bow the two-parter in March and April, premiering the explicit features first on VOD before going out with a limited theatrical run. Nymphomaniac's European release is staggered according to territory. Good Films is planning to bow the two films in March.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR