Italy's RAI Takes Jean Reno Cop Series 'Jo'
The Paris-set proceedural was created by Emmy Award-winner Rene Balcer ("Law & Order").
Italian broadcaster RAI has picked up Jo, the new crime series starring French actor Jean Reno. The deal with sales group Red Arrow International comes ahead of international television confab MIPCOM, where Jo will have its international debut.
Emmy-winning producer Rene Balcer (Law & Order) created the series, which stars Reno as Jo St-Clair, a veteran detective in Paris' elite Criminal Brigade, taking on the city's toughest murder cases. Canadian actress Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordan) also stars. British actor Tom Austen (The Borgias) and newcomer Heida Reed (One Day) also star.
Atlantique Productions, whose credits include Tom Fontana's Borgia and the upcoming action series Transporter, are head producers. Balcer serves as the series' showrunner and executive producer. Altantique Productions CEO Klaus Zimmermann is the series producer for the first 8x1 hour season. Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva are co-creators and co-producers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting