ITV Sells 'Hell's Kitchen' to Romania, Unveils Second Season in Russia
The reality TV show is now produced in 10 territories worldwide, including the U.S., Lithuania, Belgium and Denmark.
LONDON -- British commercial TV giant ITV on Monday said that its ITV Studios Global Entertainment arm has struck a series of deals for popular reality TV show format Hell’s Kitchen in Russia and Eastern Europe.
Financial terms weren't disclosed.
Romanian network Pro TV has reached a format deal with ITV Studios and ordered a first season of a local version of the hit reality show, which will be made by its production team. Set to air later this year, it will consist of 15 hour-long episodes.
Originally made for ITV in the U.K., Hell’s Kitchen is now produced in 10 territories worldwide, including in the U.S., Lithuania, Belgium and Denmark. The show sees a high-profile chef, such as Gordon Ramsey, work with a group of competing amateur chefs.
Meanwhile, Ukrainian broadcaster 1+1 has decided to produce a third season after the ratings success of the second season, ITV Studios said.
And Russian network REN TV will bring back its local version of Hell's Kitchen, also produced by 1+1, for a second season.
David Brook, strategic marketing director of 1+1 Media, said: “This show has made the restaurant business a trend in Ukraine. The successful adaptation of the format here inspired neighboring countries."
The ITV Studios production arm and the sale of its shows around the world has been a key driver of financial growth for ITV.
“Hell’s Kitchen is a hugely popular format, which has resonated with audiences worldwide," said Tobi de Graaff, director of global television distribution, ITV Studios Global Entertainment. "These new deals not only demonstrate the continued appetite for the format in these markets, but that hit primetime formats can be adapted to suit local requirements, while maintaining all of the show’s thrills.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)