ITV Picks Up German Game Show Format 'My Man Can'
Mark Wright and Melanie Sykes will host the Brit version of the show, set to bow next year.
BERLIN - ITV has picked up the German game show format My Man Can from SevenOne International, with a Brit version planned for prime time bow in 2013. The show features four wives and girlfriends who set challenging and bizarre tasks for their male partners to perform. If the man does it, she wins a cash prize.
Mark Wright and Melanie Sykes will host the British version of the show, which ITV plans to launch in prime time next year. ITV Studios will produce.
ITV Studios has also optioned the format in France and Australia.
"My Man Can is a brilliant game because us girls always think we know what our blokes can do - but can they pull it out of the bag when it counts?" said Sykes.
The original My Man Can, produced by SevenOne sister company RedSeven Entertainment, has been a solid performer for German commercial broadcaster Sat.1. The format has sold to some 40 countries, including China, where it has become a prime time ratings hit for satellite channel Jiang Su.
This is the second big entertainment format SevenOne has sold to ITV. The Brit network optioned Beat The Star from SevenOne back in 2008 and produced a local version of the game show format, hosted by Vernon Kay.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR