Ivanka Trump: 5 Things to Know
The Celebrity Apprentice star and her publisher husband, Jared Kushner, announced the news of their first baby on Twitter.
Celebrity Apprentice star Ivanka Trump and her husband, New York Observer publisher Jared Kushner, announced they'd welcomed their first baby, a girl, via Twitter. "This morning @jaredkushner and I welcomed a beautiful and healthy little baby girl into the world," she wrote on Twitter. "We feel incredibly grateful & blessed. Thank you all for your support and well wishes!"
Here are a few things you may not know about Trump.
1. She began filling in for Carolyn Kepcher on her father Donald Trump's NBC reality show in 2006. That season, she appeared five times. She replaced Kepcher as a boardroom judge during the sixth season. She worked with Season 5 winner Sean Yazbeck on the Trump Soho Hotel-Condominium.
2. Celebrity Apprentice wasn't her first foray into TV and movies. In 1997, she hosted the Miss Teen USA pageant, of which her father is a part owner. In 2003, she was featured in documentary Born Rich, directed by Johnson & Johnson heir Jamie Johnson. In 2007, she was featured in Project Runway. She and Kushner had a guest-starring role on Gossip Girl in 2010.
3. She works for her father's Trump Organization as executive vice president of development and acquisitions . She also has her own jewelry (with Dynamic Diamond Corp.) and shoe lines (a collaboration with Marc Fisher Footwear) and wrote a book that was published in October 2009 called The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life.
4. Trump has also worked as a model, first appearing on the cover of Seventeen magazine in 1997. She's also walked the runways for Versace, Thierry Mugler and Marc Bouwer, and appeared in ads for Tommy Hilfiger and Sassoon Jeans. She posed for the cover of Stuff magazine in August 2006 and September 2007. In 2007, she also appeared on covers for Forbes, Golf magazine, Elle Mexico, Avenue and Harper's Bazaar.
5. She graduated summa cum laude from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania in 2004. She holds a bachelor of science in economics.