Ja Rule to Begin Two-Year Sentence on Wednesday
The rapper who pleaded guilty to a gun possession charge in 2010 will turn himself in at New York's Criminal Court House, after which he'll report to prison.
Rapper Ja Rule begins a two-year stretch in prison Wednesday, when he will turn himself in at New York's Criminal Court House.
The Between Me and You singer will make his way to New York's Rikers Island Prison before eventually being incarcerated upstate.
Ja Rule, nee Jeffrey Atkins, was arrested outside New York's Beacon Theatre in 2007, when police searching his Maybach found an unlicensed .40-caliber handgun.
He pleaded guilty to the charge in Dec. 2010, and received a two-year sentence for attempted gun possession.
Fans need not wait until 2013 for new material -- a new single, Real Life Fantasy, hits radio next month, ahead of the release of Pain is Love II, his first album in six years, due out later this summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game