Tenacious D Announces New Album
The mock-rock duo of Jack Black and Kyle Gass will release "Rize of the Fenix" in May.
Tenacious D, the mock-rock duo comprised of Jack Black and Kyle Gass, will release its third album and first effort in six years, Rize of the Fenix, in May.
Fenix follows the group's 2001 self-titled album, which featured funny-but-actually-awesome-and-well-written rock tracks like "Wonderboy" and "Tribute" and 2006's The Pick of Destiny, which served as the soundtrack to their film Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny.
Black spent the hiatus starring in comedies like Be Kind Rewind, Gulliver's Travels and both Kung Fu Panda's, while Gass has appeared in films like Extreme Movie and Black's Year One.
The duo is included on the newly announced lineup for the Sasquatch! Music Festival, which will invade the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Wash. from May 25-28. Tenacious D recently supported the Foo Fighters on the Australian leg of their Wasting Light tour last year.
Watch Foos frontman Dave Grohl play a demon in the 2002 music video for "Tribute:"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram