Jack Black's 'Ghost Ghirls' Paranormal Web Series Debuts (Exclusive Video)
THR premieres a sneak peek of the 12-part comedy, which officially launches Monday.
Jack Black is tackling the paranormal genre with new comedy web series Ghost Ghirls.
Created by Jeremy Konner, Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci, the 12-episode series centers on two young female ghostbusters Heidi (Lund) and Angelica (Blasucci), who attempt to solve the mysteries behind paranormal phenomena -- all with a comedic twist.
The Hollywood Reporter exclusively debuts a sneak peek from Ghost Ghirls featuring a cameo by Colin Hanks, who plays a zombie-fied baseball player. "Are you going to rip our heads off and drink our neck blood?" is the logical question posed. "Neck blood? No!" Hank replies with a laugh, before pausing for a moment: "I am thirsty though ..."
Black, Dave Grohl, Val Kilmer, Jake Johnson, Molly Shannon and Jason Schwartzman are among the stars who will also appear in the web series.
Konner, Lund and Blasucci serve as executive producers, with Black and Priyanka Mattoo as EPs. Konner also serves as director.
Ahead of its official launch, Ghost Ghirls debuted at San Diego's Comic-Con on July 18.
Black touted the "freedom" of working on a web series. "For the time being, anyway, [the web] it’s sort of the wild west of entertainment," he said on a recent conference calls. "There’s not a lot of rules and regulations. There’s a free flowing party spirit.”
Ghost Ghirls is now available on Yahoo! Screen.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR