Jack O'Connell and Olly Alexander to Star in 'uwantme2killhim' (Cannes)
Bryan Singer, Steve Golin, Peter Heslop and Simon Crocker producing thriller based on a Vanity Fair article by Judy Bachrach.
Rising Brit stars Jack O'Connell and Olly Alexander will star in uwantme2killhim, a thriller based on Judy Bachrach's Vanity Fair article about a friendship of opposites and Internet evil, directed by Andrew Douglas.
Douglas's film, written by Mike Walden, will also have turns from Anna Maxwell Martin, Jaime Winstone and Ruth Wilson.
It details the story of a 16 year old boy named Mark who meets Rachel on the Internet and begins an intense online relationship. When Rachel is murdered the boy and Rachel's brother make plans to avenge her death.
Due to roll July 4 in the U.K., the movie is produced by Bryan Singer (Valkyrie), Steve Golin of Anonymous Content (The Beaver), Peter Heslop (The King's Speech) and Simon Crocker of Andrew Douglas Films. Jason Taylor, Marc Berliner and Lenny Beckerman will serve as exec producers.
Douglas said: "For teenagers today, the internet is their portal, their escape; it is their drug. It is the dark woods of fairy tales. This is a story about relationships as much as it is about technology. While the Internet is a key factor in this story, it will become transparent, and the film will be a gritty, sexy, violent thriller seen through the eyes of those boys, Mark and John."
Momentum Pictures and Alliance Films have acquired rights for the U.K. and Canada respectively while international sales are being handled by Independent at the Marche du Film.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"