Chris Pine Goes for the Kill in 'Jack Ryan' Extended Scene (Video)
The scene shows the analyst-turned-agent handling his first gunman just before meeting his mentor, played by Kevin Costner.
Paramount has released an extended, action-packed scene of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit in which Chris Pine goes for the kill.
Pine plays Jack Ryan, the Wall Street analyst-turned-CIA-agent in the new Kenneth Branagh action movie based on Tom Clancy's novel. While on the trail of a terrorist plot in Moscow, he finds himself being chased down by a gunman in a hotel room. He narrowly escapes his grasp by going for the kill, with the help of the bathroom's tub.
Pine told The Hollywood Reporter about filming the newly released scene. "It's terrifying for the character because of the well-trained, well-armed foe. And there's Jack, who wasn't expecting it at all," he said during the cover shoot. "He's not well-trained enough to really know how to get out of it, so he has to really use his mind and really think on his feet."
Ryan is also shown meeting Harper, played by Kevin Costner. "You've got to pick somebody to trust, Jack. Now, sit down," he says to Ryan, whose hands are shaking uncontrollably after what he's just done upstairs. Harper reassures him: "It's better they're shaking afterward than during," and tells Ryan of his own first kill.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit opens in theaters Jan. 17. Watch the extended scene above, which also shows Keira Knightley as Cathy, Ryan's in-the-dark fiancee.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack