Jack White's Ex-Wife Gets Restraining Order Against Singer
The musician has allegedly harassed Karen Elson about the details of their divorce and criticized her for attending the wedding of a rival musician.
A Nashville judge has granted Jack White's ex-wife Karen Elson a restraining order against the rocker, The City Paper in Nashville reports. White has allegedly has harassed the mother of his two children over the settlement of their divorce.
“Wife fears for her and the children’s safety as a result of this harassment,” the order reads.
The couple have clashed over parental rights, with White wanting a hand in caring for his children, and Elson saying he is an unfit parent to Scarlett, 7, and Henry, 5.
According to the court filing, White asked Elson to contact their children's private school to have their kids taken out of a class with the child of an entertainer whom White said ripped off his music. The order also says White criticized Elson for going to the wedding of a musician who he said also "ripped off" his music. The musician was not named in the filing.
“This pattern of husband’s bullying wife into submission was a contributing factor in the demise of their marriage," reads the order.
Elson said she has asked White to attend family counseling, but he has refused.
White and Nelson met when the singer-model appeared in The White Stripes' music video for "Blue Orchid." They were wed in South America in 2005 and split in 2011, throwing a "divorce party" in Nashville celebrating their time together.
"When you have kids, you think, 'Oh no, there's not gonna be any time for anything anymore.' And it's not true," White said. When I go on tour and I come back, I still spend 10 times as much time with my children as I did with my family when I was growing up, and we were all living together with a 9-to-5 job. It's funny: There really is time for everything."
White's rep did not immediately respond to request for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws