Jackie Collins Named Officer of the British Empire
The author tells THR the honor was bestowed on June 14: "My sister Joan received one many years ago. We might make the Guinness Book!"
This story first appeared in the July 19 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
One of Hollywood's favorite Brits is an Officer of the Order of the British Empire as of June 14.
Author Jackie Collins tells THR: "My sister Joan received one many years ago. We might make the Guinness Book as the only two sisters with OBEs!"
Her only regret is that their parents aren't alive to see it. "Joan and I are just two middle-class girls. Who would think this could happen?"
So what will Jackie wear to next year's ceremony with the queen? "Chanel!"
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"