Jada Pinkett Smith to make 'Time'
Actress will star in TNT drama from John Masius
Jada Pinkett Smith is returning to television as the star and executive producer of TNT's drama pilot "Time Heals."
The project, penned by Emmy winner John Masius, centers on Nancy Hawthorne (Pinkett Smith), a strong but caring director of nursing at Charlotte Mercy Hospital in North Carolina, a single mother who always puts the pain of others first.
In addition to starring, Pinkett Smith will exec produce "Time Heals" with Masius and Jamie Tarses. Sony TV is producing in association with Pinkett Smith's 100% Womon. As a procedural with a strong female character at the center played by an A-list actress, "Time" fits nicely with TNT's crime dramas "The Closer," starring Kyra Sedgwick, and "Saving Grace," starring Holly Hunter.
Pinkett Smith co-starred on the NBC comedy "A Different World" for two years before segueing to features.
ICM-repped Pinkett Smith, now on the big screen in "The Women," recently wrapped her writing and directorial feature debut, "The Human Contract."
She also co-created and executive produced with husband Will Smith and Betsy Borns the UPN comedy "All of Us."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR