Jaime Pressly to star in CBS pilot
"My Name Is Earl's" Jaime Pressly has signed to star in CBS' untitled Bays/Thomas comedy pilot.
The multicamera comedy -- penned by "How I Met Your Mother's" Carter Bays, Craig Thomas, Kourtney Kang and Joe Kelly -- revolves around an unmarried couple, Tommy (Kyle Bornheimer) and Gina, and their friends in Pittsburgh.
The CAA-repped Pressly will play Tommy's best friend, a veterinarian who works with him at the local zoo.
This marks the TV return of Pressly, who won an Emmy for her role on "Earl."
She follows in the footsteps of fellow cast members Jason Lee, who headlines the new TNT series "Delta Blues" and Ethan Suplee who co-stars on the Fox comedy pilot "Nevermind Nirvana." Both "Nirvana" and the Bays/Thomas comedy are produced by 20th TV, which also produced "Earl."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!