Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Director Anton Corbijin on Berlin Festival Jury
Other 2012 jury members include French director Francois Ozon, German actress Barbara Sukowa and Iranian director Asghar Farhadi.
COLOGNE, Germany – Oscar-nominated actor Jake Gyllenhaal, French star Charlotte Gainsbourg and legendary German diva Barbara Sukowa are among the VIPs making up the jury at next year’s Berlin International Film Festival (Feb. 9 – 19). Joining them in the judging of Berlin’s Gold and Silver Bear winners will be a trio of acclaimed directors: France’s François Ozon (8 Women), Dutch helmer Anton Corbijn (The American) and Iranian filmmaker Asghar Farhadi, whose divorce drama A Separation won Berlin’s Golden Bear last February and is a front-runner in the 2012 foreign language Oscar race.
Multi-Oscar nominee, the British director Mike Leigh, will be the jury president for the 2012 Berlin Festival.
The one non-showbiz name on the Berlin jury is that of Algerian writer Boualem Sansal. The author of The German Mujahid, Sansal was this year awarded the Peace Prize of the German Publishers and Booksellers Association at the Frankfurt Book Fair.
The 2011 Berlin International Film Festival runs Feb. 9-19.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David