Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Director Anton Corbijin on Berlin Festival Jury
Other 2012 jury members include French director Francois Ozon, German actress Barbara Sukowa and Iranian director Asghar Farhadi.
COLOGNE, Germany – Oscar-nominated actor Jake Gyllenhaal, French star Charlotte Gainsbourg and legendary German diva Barbara Sukowa are among the VIPs making up the jury at next year’s Berlin International Film Festival (Feb. 9 – 19). Joining them in the judging of Berlin’s Gold and Silver Bear winners will be a trio of acclaimed directors: France’s François Ozon (8 Women), Dutch helmer Anton Corbijn (The American) and Iranian filmmaker Asghar Farhadi, whose divorce drama A Separation won Berlin’s Golden Bear last February and is a front-runner in the 2012 foreign language Oscar race.
Multi-Oscar nominee, the British director Mike Leigh, will be the jury president for the 2012 Berlin Festival.
The one non-showbiz name on the Berlin jury is that of Algerian writer Boualem Sansal. The author of The German Mujahid, Sansal was this year awarded the Peace Prize of the German Publishers and Booksellers Association at the Frankfurt Book Fair.
The 2011 Berlin International Film Festival runs Feb. 9-19.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)