Jake Gyllenhaal to Star as Crime Reporter in 'Nightcrawler'
Dan Gilroy will make his directorial debut on the project, for which Sierra/Affinity will handle international sales at the upcoming Cannes Film Market.
Jake Gyllenhaal will star as a freelance L.A. crime reporter in Nightcrawler, which will mark the directorial debut of screenwriter Dan Gilroy. Rene Russo, Gilroy's wife, is set to co-star in the movie.
Sierra/Affinity will handle international sales on the project at the upcoming Cannes Film Market, with WME Global and CAA representing North American rights. Filming will begin in late October.
Gilroy most recently co-wrote the screenplay for The Bourne Legacy with his brother Tony Gilroy. Tony Gilroy and Jennifer Fox, who collaborated on Michael Clayton, Duplicity and the Bourne series, will produce along with Gyllenhaal. Michel Litvak and David Lancaster also will produce as well as finance through their Bold Films banner. Gary Michael Walters will serve as executive producer.
The project will include editor John Gilroy (also a brother of Dan and Tony) and cinematographer Robert Elswit, both longtime collaborators of Tony Gilroy and Fox.
Gyllenhaal, repped by WME and Bloom Hergott, most recently starred in End of Watch and will next star in Denis Villeneuve’s Prisoners.
Russo, repped by CAA and manager John Crosby, next stars in G.J. Echternkemp’s Frank & Cindy and also will be seen in Thor: The Dark World.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR