Jake Gyllenhaal Suffers Hand Injury on 'Nightcrawler'
The actor was filming a scene when he cut himself and had to receive stitches.
Jake Gyllenhaal has already been losing weight for his role in the upcoming indie Nightcrawler, and now he's lost some blood, as well.
The actor badly cut his hand when he hit a mirror and it accidentally broke while he was filming an intense scene (hitting the mirror was part of the scene). He had to spend a few hours in the emergency room and received numerous stitches before returning to the set, a rep for the actor confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
Gyllenhaal has been mentioned as a possible awards contender for his role as a mysterious detective in Warner Bros.' Prisoners, but if he fails to receive an Oscar nomination, he can always blame it on the bad luck he incurred by breaking that mirror.
Nightcrawler co-stars Rene Russo and Bill Paxton. Dan Gilroy is directing and wrote the screenplay. Gyllenhaal has already made headlines for his dramatic weight loss for the role as an L.A. reporter who stumbles upon the world of crime journalism.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR