Jake Kasdan to Direct Sony Comedy 'Sex Tape'
Kasdan replaces Nicholas Stoller, whose deal to direct the Jason Segel-starring comedy never solidified.
Jake Kasdan has nabbed the coveted gig to direct Sony’s Sex Tape, a comedy being produced by Escape Artists that has Jason Segel attached to star. Kasdan is in negotiations, according to sources.
The story centers revolves around a husband and wife who take a night off from the kids and decide to spice things up by making a sex tape. When they wake up the next morning, the tape is missing, and the search is on.
Frequent Segel collaborator Nicholas Stoller (The Muppets) originally was circling the project, but no deal was finalized.
After closing Kasdan’s deal, the next step is to find the female lead. Cameron Diaz, who worked with Segel and Kasdan to hilarious effect in last summer's Sony comedy Bad Teacher, has been mentioned as a possible co-star.
Kasdan, who has been directing episodes of New Girl, is repped by WME. His helming credits include the features Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story and Orange County and TV's Freaks and Geeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'