CES: James Bond Films Coming to Blu-Ray
At CES, directors and Bond girls help Twentieth Century Fox launch a boxed set with all 22 Bond Films.
LAS VEGAS--Bond girls and directors of the 007 films appeared at the Consumer Electronics Show Tuesday, as part of an announcement that all 22 James Bond films will be released by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment on Blu-ray this year. The boxed set will include more than 130 hours of bonus material.
Marking the 50th anniversary of MGM's James Bond, Fox host a panel discussion with directors John Glen (five Bond films including For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy), Martin Campbell (GoldenEye, Casino Royale) and Michael Apted (The World Is Not Enough). Bond girls Caterina Murino (Casino Royale) and Olga Kurylenko (Quantum of Solace) were also on hand for the event, held in the Panasonic booth.
The directors discussion included a look at such clips as the iconic skiing scene from For Your Eyes Only, as well as recollections of getting involved with the franchise.
Admitted Apted: “My experience is more in documentary work and more realistic stuff. … I was petrified.”
All three directors said that while ideally they still prefer to see movies in the cinema, they are impressed with the quality with which Blu-ray reproduces films.
Recalled Glen, “I remember with early Bond movies there was a resistance to showing them on TV at all (because there would be loss of quality). TVs have improved, now we have Blu-ray. … You are seeing it in its full glory.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR