James Bond 23: Will the Film's Title Be 'Skyfall'?
Domain name registrations show that the MGM and Sony release with Daniel Craig that is scheduled for late 2012 could bear that name.
NEW YORK - The titles of James Bond films have traditionally been the subject of much debate.
The latest release in the franchise, Bond 23, could well have a name now, according to Fusible.com.
The site reported that the MGM and Sony Pictures release, slated for late 2012, will likely be called Skyfall, according to several domain name registrations that were privately purchased through brand protection company MarkMonitor this week. Sony Pictures has used MarkMonitor for thousands of domain names, including SonyPictures.com, according to the site.
Fusible said that among the Web addresses purchased are JamesBond-Skyfall.com and Skyfallthefilm.com. The company had registered other Skyfall names back in August, it said.
Sony officials weren't immediately available for comment.
Earlier this year, the studios announced that Bond 23 will be released in the U.K. and Ireland on Oct. 26 of next year, with the U.S. launch set for Nov. 9.
In the movie, Daniel Craig returns as Bond with Sam Mendes directing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack