James Bond making passage to India first
'Quantum of Solace' will premiere Nov. 7, before U.S. bow
NEW DELHI -- James Bond is making an unprecedented side trip before his next adventure reaches the U.S.
Sony Pictures Releasing India said Tuesday that "Quantum of Solace" will open in India on Nov. 7, marking the first time a major Hollywood title has opened here before its U.S. premiere. The film will debut in U.K. theaters on Oct. 31 and be released in North America on Nov. 14.
"James Bond has a huge equity in this country, and Bond films have always been a hit here," said Mumbai-based Kercy Daruwalla, managing director of Sony Pictures Releasing India.
"Solace" will be released on about 700 prints dubbed into regional languages Hindi, Tamil and Telegu, "which could make this the biggest Hollywood release of the year here," Daruwalla said.
Directed by Marc Forster, "Solace" picks up where things left off in the previous Bond film, 2006's "Casino Royale." Daniel Craig returns for his second outing as the dapper British Agent 007.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR