James Bond Production Designers Honored by Art Directors Guild
The team behind the film franchise will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the organization's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The production designers of the 23 James Bond films will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the Art Director Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The award is bestowed upon those whose film pedigrees have "richly enhanced the visual aspects of the movie-going experience," according to the guild, citing past recipients including Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood and the team behind the Harry Potter movies.
This year, the honorees are: Sir Ken Adam, Peter Lamont, Allan Cameron and Dennis Gassner, who most recently worked on the global Bond blockbuster Skyfall starring Daniel Craig as 007.
"For 50 years the Bond films have entertained and inspired us with their audacious sense of style, imagination and sophistication. Their visual mastery of detail are to design what 'shaken not stirred' is to the creation of the perfect dry Martini!" said the guild's council chair, John Shaffner, in a statement.
On Jan. 3, the guild will announce its Excellence in Production Design Awards nominees in nine categories encompassing theatrical films, TV productions, commercials and music videos. Herman Zimmerman will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'