James Bond Production Designers Honored by Art Directors Guild
The team behind the film franchise will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the organization's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The production designers of the 23 James Bond films will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the Art Director Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The award is bestowed upon those whose film pedigrees have "richly enhanced the visual aspects of the movie-going experience," according to the guild, citing past recipients including Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood and the team behind the Harry Potter movies.
This year, the honorees are: Sir Ken Adam, Peter Lamont, Allan Cameron and Dennis Gassner, who most recently worked on the global Bond blockbuster Skyfall starring Daniel Craig as 007.
"For 50 years the Bond films have entertained and inspired us with their audacious sense of style, imagination and sophistication. Their visual mastery of detail are to design what 'shaken not stirred' is to the creation of the perfect dry Martini!" said the guild's council chair, John Shaffner, in a statement.
On Jan. 3, the guild will announce its Excellence in Production Design Awards nominees in nine categories encompassing theatrical films, TV productions, commercials and music videos. Herman Zimmerman will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!