James Bond Production Designers Honored by Art Directors Guild
The team behind the film franchise will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the organization's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The production designers of the 23 James Bond films will receive the Cinematic Imagery Award at the Art Director Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards on Feb. 2.
The award is bestowed upon those whose film pedigrees have "richly enhanced the visual aspects of the movie-going experience," according to the guild, citing past recipients including Steven Spielberg, Clint Eastwood and the team behind the Harry Potter movies.
This year, the honorees are: Sir Ken Adam, Peter Lamont, Allan Cameron and Dennis Gassner, who most recently worked on the global Bond blockbuster Skyfall starring Daniel Craig as 007.
"For 50 years the Bond films have entertained and inspired us with their audacious sense of style, imagination and sophistication. Their visual mastery of detail are to design what 'shaken not stirred' is to the creation of the perfect dry Martini!" said the guild's council chair, John Shaffner, in a statement.
On Jan. 3, the guild will announce its Excellence in Production Design Awards nominees in nine categories encompassing theatrical films, TV productions, commercials and music videos. Herman Zimmerman will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills