James Cameron: Angelina Jolie Would Be 'Hot' as Cleopatra
Director confirms he's in talks to helm 3D film for Sony with Jolie playing the Egyptian queen.
James Cameron confirmed that he is in talks to direct a 3D Cleopatra film starring Angelina Jolie.
The "Avatar" and "Titanic" director told the New York Times that the project is in development at Sony.
"It’s a subject that’s always fascinated me," Cameron said. "So yeah, I’ve been talking to them about it, but no decisions have been made."
As for his possible leading lady, Cameron said Jolie would be perfect for the role.
"It sounds hot, doesn’t it? I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that’s like a slam dunk," he said. "Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it’s going to be a great project."
Cameron also said he's not daunted by the failure of 1963's "Cleopatra," a notoriously troubled and costly production starring Elizabeth Taylor.
"There were a lot of people betting against us on 'Titanic' as well. That kind of stuff
isn’t particularly daunting to me," he said. "The idea of 10-foot-tall blue people that were 100 percent CG, it was Smurf Planet, plenty of reasons why 'Avatar' wasn’t going to work either."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR