James Cameron to Deliver Opening Keynote at NAB Show
The "Avatar" director will present the keynote with cinematographer/VFX and 3D innovator Vince Pace.
James Cameron and cinematographer/VFX and 3D innovator Vince Pace will deliver the opening keynote at the 2011 National Association of Broadcasters Show.
The Avatar helmer and Pace, who is CEO of Burbank-based 3D technology innovator and provider PACE, will discuss recent developments in 3D technology and storytelling and future implications for the entertainment industry.
More than a decade ago, Cameron, Pace and PACE president Patrick Campbell developed the stereoscopic acquisition system, known as Fusion 3D, which is available through PACE. The Cameron/Pace innovation has resulted in more than $4.6 billion in box office receipts and major 3D benchmarks.
Individually or collectively, Cameron, Pace and Fusion 3D have captured imagery and productions including Avatar, Tron: Legacy, Aliens of the Deep, Ghosts of the Abyss, Titanic and The Abyss.
The NAB Show will be held April 9-14 in Las Vegas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera