James Cameron: 'Inception' Director Christopher Nolan Should Have Been Nominated for an Oscar
8:34 AM PST 2/1/2011 by Mark Cina
"I diverge from the Academy’s taste in a lot of ways," he tells THR.
Oscar-winning director James Cameron says Christopher Nolan should have been nominated for a Best Director Academy Award for Inception this year."I loved Inception, and I wish that it had gotten more," he told THR Monday at the Hollywood premiere of Sanctum. "I wish Chris Nolan had gotten nominated for directing that film because I think that it’s the most astounding piece of film creation and direction of the year, hands down ... but now it’s not even in the running. So I diverge from the Academy’s taste in a lot of ways." Cameron said it's "an interesting race this year" because there are four or five really strong movies in the running. "They are very different, and to me, it’s almost anyone’s guess," he told THR. "I don’t see a lot of strong trends emerging. The media have tried to pick their winners, but then some of the Guild awards have warded that. I think it's a very open race. It makes it exciting." Who is his bet for Best Director? "I never publicize my picks," he told THR. "Oh, I have picks, but I don’t tell."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws