James Cameron Siding With Theater Owners Against Studios' Premium VOD Plan (Exclusive)
Cinemark also takes a stand, refusing to carry trailers or put up signage for any movie until it's notified whether the title will be part of the premium VOD offering.
The standoff between Hollywood studios and theater owners over a new premium VOD service intensified Wednesday as prominent filmmakers -- including James Cameron -- prepared to side with exhibitors in a show of support for the theatrical experience.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR