James Cameron, Wife to be Honored by Covenant House California
1:58 PM PDT 5/17/2011 by Paula Zulian
Actress Jessica Alba will be presenting the award at the annual gala and awards dinner.
James Cameron and wife Suzy Amis Cameron, along with Universal Studios Hollywood’s Discover A Star Foundation, will be honored by Covenant House California at its annual gala and awards dinner for their philanthropic work.
The event will take place June 9 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Celebrities are expected to attend the dinner including actress Jessica Alba, a longtime friend and collaborator, will be presenting the award to Mr. and Mrs. Cameron.
Covenant House California seeks out homeless and at-risk youth living on the streets and offers them hope and the tools they need to turn their lives around.
"Covenant House California is proud to honor the extraordinary contributions that James and Suzy Amis Cameron and the Discover a Star Foundation have made for a variety of causes around the world. Their passion is an inspiration to us as an organization and to the young people we work with on a daily basis,” said George Lozano, Executive Director for Covenant House California.
Past honorees include Andy Garcia, Keyshawn Johnson, Brittany Murphy, Sharon Osbourne, William Shatner and Charlize Theron.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!