James Cameron, Wife to be Honored by Covenant House California
1:58 PM PDT 5/17/2011 by Paula Zulian
Actress Jessica Alba will be presenting the award at the annual gala and awards dinner.
James Cameron and wife Suzy Amis Cameron, along with Universal Studios Hollywood’s Discover A Star Foundation, will be honored by Covenant House California at its annual gala and awards dinner for their philanthropic work.
The event will take place June 9 at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Celebrities are expected to attend the dinner including actress Jessica Alba, a longtime friend and collaborator, will be presenting the award to Mr. and Mrs. Cameron.
Covenant House California seeks out homeless and at-risk youth living on the streets and offers them hope and the tools they need to turn their lives around.
"Covenant House California is proud to honor the extraordinary contributions that James and Suzy Amis Cameron and the Discover a Star Foundation have made for a variety of causes around the world. Their passion is an inspiration to us as an organization and to the young people we work with on a daily basis,” said George Lozano, Executive Director for Covenant House California.
Past honorees include Andy Garcia, Keyshawn Johnson, Brittany Murphy, Sharon Osbourne, William Shatner and Charlize Theron.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram