James Cromwell Toplines Canadian Indie 'Still'
The Oscar nominated "Babe" star is acting opposite Geneviève Bujold in writer/director Michael McGowan's fifth theatrical feature, now shooting in Canada.
TORONTO -- Babe-star James Cromwell, who also portrayed George H.W. Bush in Oliver Stone’s W, is in Canada starring in writer/director Michael McGowan’s theatrical drama Still.
Cromwell and fellow Oscar nominated star Geneviève Bujold (Anne of the Thousand Days) play an elderly couple fighting against local authorities in rural New Brunswick to build their final home.
Still is McGowan’s fifth feature, and follows Score: A Hockey Musical, which opened the Toronto International Film Festival in 2010.
The movie is being shot in northern Ontario and New Brunswick, and also stars Canadian actors Rick Roberts, Julie Stewart and Jonathan Potts, along with American thesp Campbell Scott.
The indie from Mulmur Feed Co. Production is produced by McGowan, Jody Colero, Tamara Deverell and Avi Federgreen, and is executive produced by Richard Hanet.
Mongrel Media wil release Still in Canada.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR