James Franco and Julie Delpy to Attend Munich Film Fest
Delpy will screen “2 Days in New York” and “Le Skylab,” while Franco will premiere three new movies he directed.
COLOGNE, Germany – James Franco, Julie Delpy, Fernando Meirelles and Andrea Arnold are among the VIP filmmakers set to attend this year’s Munich international film festival, which kicks off this Friday.
Delpy will present two new features she both directed and stars in: the Sundance comedy 2 Days in New York featuring Chris Rock and French-language laffer Le Skylab. Franco will screen three of his most recent art house projects that he directed.
Brazillian director Meirelles (The Constant Gardner) will present his latest, the drama 360 starring Jude Law, Anthony Hopkins and Rachel Weisz, while Arnold heads to Munich will her adaptation of Wuthering Heights.
Other celebrities on Munich’s guest list this year include French author and filmmaker Frederic Beigbeder, who will present his comedy Love Lasts Three Years; Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn (Drive), who will receive a career retrospective; and three-time Oscar-winning composer Giorgio Moroder (Top Gun), who has selected a series of films for Munich’s Open Air sidebar.
Director Todd Haynes and Oscar-winning actress Melanie Griffith will both attend the Munich fest this year to receive lifetime achievement awards.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game