James Franco Removes Insulting Tweets About Oscar’s Bruce Vilanch
4:42 PM PDT 3/21/2011 by Mark Cina
The actor had scribbled a sarcastic note over the writer’s face after the scribe said Franco “didn’t get there” as co-host.
After Oscar writer Bruce Vilanch told New York magazine James Franco "didn't get there" as co-host of the Academy Awards, the actor Tweeted, "bruce he let me down."He also posted a photo of Vilanch and scribbled a sarcastic caption over Vilanch's face: "James fucked up the Oscars. Trust me, I know comedy. I mean, come on, I write for Bette Midler!" A short time after Tweeting the message, Franco deleted it, according to Gawker. Franco was widely panned as host. In his NY interview, Vilanch blamed Franco’s busy schedule for his lackluster hosting duties: “He has so many balls in the air, he didn't get to town till Thursday before the show on Sunday."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR