James Franco: 'Social Media Is Over'
3:31 PM PDT 4/1/2011 by Mark Cina
His Twitter account is still active, but is now private: “'This is my Twitter. I can do whatever I want,’” he says.
James Franco hasn’t quit Twitter — he has just set his account to private.In an interview with Politico, he says: "Social media is over. Still up there. Going down. You heard it here first." Franco, who began Tweeting shortly before he co-hosted the Oscars with Anne Hathaway in February, explained his approach to the social media site: "My thought was 'this is my Twitter. I can do whatever I want.' But certain companies I work with contacted me about what I was saying." Since he began Tweeting, Franco famously got into a mini-spat with Oscars writer Bruce Vilanch after Vilanch criticized Franco’s performance at the Academy Awards (they have since reconciled). Incidentally, in an interview airing Friday on the Late Show With David Letterman, Franco admits he had “low energy” on the Oscars stage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR