'As I Lay Dying' Trailer Offers First Glimpse of James Franco's William Faulkner Adaptation (Video)
The Academy Award nominee directs and stars in the film, which also features Danny McBride, Tim Blake Nelson and Logan Marshall-Green.
Before Cannes Film Festival-goers have the chance to screen James Franco’s As I Lay Dying in the Un Certain Regard section, the actor/director has revealed the first trailer for his William Faulkner adaptation.
In addition to penning the screenplay based on Faulkner’s classic, Franco directs and stars in the 1930s Mississippi-set drama, also starring Danny McBride, Tim Blake Nelson, Logan Marshall-Green, Beth Grant and Ahna O’Reilly.
Widely regarded as one of the best works of 20th century literature, As I Lay Dying is known for its unique approach to storytelling -- shifting the first person narration between a whopping 15 characters over the course of nearly 60 chapters. The story follows the family of the late Addie Bundren and their quest to bury her in the town of Jefferson.
Watch the trailer below.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram