James Frey to Return to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'
Five years after coming under fire for fabricating details in "A Million Little Pieces," he'll appear again to promote "The Final Testament of the Holy Bible."
James Frey is returning to the Oprah Winfrey Show -- five years after he was famously eviscerated by the talk show host for fabricating details of his bestselling memoir, A Million Little Pieces.
Frey will promote his new book The Final Testament of the Holy Bible, which hits stores tomorrow. The episode will "air sometime in May," a rep for Harpo tells The Hollywood Reporter. Winfrey's last episode of her talk show airs May 25.
Winfrey catapulted Frey to the New York Times' and Amazon bestseller lists after she picked his memoir, which detailed his drug addiction and the supposed suicide of an ex girlfriend, to her book club. After the Smoking Gun detailed how the book was false, she angrily confronted him on her show. She apologized later. RELATED: The five biggest book scandals of all time, including Three Cups of Tea.
"Oprah apologized to James a couple of years ago, and he appreciated it. So he agreed to go back on her show and talk about everything that's happened over the last five years," an insider tells the New York Post, which first reported the story.
Frey's new book will be published in limited edition of 10,000 slipcased leatherette copies by Gagosian Gallery, and sold as an e-book by Frey and WME.
Frey said in 2008 that his book is his "idea of what the Messiah would be like if he were walking the streets of New York today."
His Jesus, aka Ben Jones, is a heavy drinker who gets a prostitute pregnant, smokes marijuana and fools around with men.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama