James Gandolfini and Alexis Bledel's 'Violet & Daisy' to Get Canadian Release
The film, co-starring Saoirse Ronan, is the first movie directed by "Precious" screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher.
TORONTO – Canadian indie Pacific Northwest Pictures has snapped up the Canadian rights to writer-director Geoffrey Fletcher's Violet & Daisy.
The Precious screenwriter's directorial debut was previously acquired for North American distribution by Cinedigm Entertainment, ahead of the Canadian deal.
The late James Gandolfini, in one of his last roles, is a sad sack character sent to kill a pair of baby-faced hit girls played by Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel and Irish actress Saoirse Ronan.
Fletcher produced Violet & Daisy with John Penotti and Bonnie Timmermann.
The Canadian distributor's upcoming release slate also includes the mystery/thriller Night Train to Lisbon, starring Jeremy Irons and Melanie Laurent, and Cas & Dylan, the directorial debut from Jason Priestley that stars Richard Dreyfuss and Tatiana Maslany.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR